الموضوع: How to Modify Your Mac address in Windows XP

عضو برونزي الصورة الرمزية one-zero
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Jul 2007
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

How to Modify Your Mac address in Windows XP

How to Modify Your Mac address in Windows XP
    I will be describing 2 methods of changing your Mac address and maybe giving you reason as to why you would want to do the same. Being on a local network for a college or business you can sometimes run into the trouble of getting assigned the same ip. You no matter how many times you refresh and disconnect with the DHCP your just cant seem to reset yourself on the DHCP server and get assigned a new IP. In DHCP's typical use, the server uses a requesting computer's MAC address to uniquely identify it and in doing so you are assigned a IP via your MAC address. But what about getting a NEW IP. I did this recently to prove a point. I was banned on my local network DC hub because of an argument of IP Spoofing. The mod at the time didn't like me knowing more than him so it ended with me getting banned from the hub. Since it was an IP ban I couldn't rejoin. This left me furious and I wanted revenge or at least to be able to trade like any normal user. So in order to get assigned a new IP i had to provided a new Mac address to the DHCP server. And this is how that can be accomplished.

Method 1:

This is depending on the type of Network Interface Card (NIC) you have. If you have a card that doesn’t support Clone MAC address, then you have to go to second method.

Go to Start ->All Programs ->Control Panel and double click on "Network Connections".

Next you will See The Network Connections Window pop up.

Right click on the "Local Area Connection" that is currently enabled.

Scroll Down until you get to "Properties" and click on it

The "Local Area Connection" Properties Window will pop up

Click on "Configure" and Move to the "Advanced" tab

Click on “Advanced” tab

Scroll down the “Property section”, until you see an item called “Network Address” or "Locally Administered Address", and click on it.

On the right side, under “Value”, type in the New MAC address you want to assign to your NIC. Usually this value is entered without the “-“ between the MAC address numbers but it will accept it either way

Go to command prompt and type in “ipconfig /all” or “net config rdr” to verify the changes. If the changes is not materialized, then use the second method. What you will be looking for that has changed is the "Physical Address" when running the "ipconfig /all" and in the "net config rdr" you will see a change in where I have put asterisk(*) NetBT_Tcpip_{20B93FCA-BE9F-44E6-A821-D8097219770F} (********)

If successful, reboot your Windows XP system.

Method 2

This method requires an some knowledge of the Windows Registry. If you are not familiar with Windows Registry, then I strongly advice you not to attempt this. And BTW always make a Backup of the key your about to Change.

a. Go to command prompt and type “ipconfig /all”, and then record both the "Physical Address" & "Description" for the NIC you want to change (The Physical Address is the MAC Address)

b. Next Go to Command Prompt and type “net config rdr”, and you should see something like

c. Notice how the "Physical Address"(00-02-B3-0B-8B-0 matches what can be found from

Workstation active on
    NetbiosSmb (000000000000)
    NetBT_Tcpip_{20B93FCA-BE9F-44E6-A821-D8097219770F} (0002B30B8B0

d. Remember the number between the long number (GUID) inside the { }. "{20B93FCA-BE9F-44E6-A821-D8097219770F}" For example, in the above “net config rdr” output, for MAC address “0002B30B8B08,” you should remember {20B93FCA-BE9F-44E6-A821-D8097219770F}. You can copy and paste it to the Notepad, that’s probably the easiest way.

e. Go to Start -> Run, type “regedt32” to start registry editor. Do not use “Regedit.”

f. Do a BACKUP of your registry in case you screw up the following steps. To do this

I. Click on “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE on Local Machine” sub-window

II. Click on the root key “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE”.

III. Click on the drop-down menu “Registry -> Save Subtree As” and save the backup registry in to a file. Keep this file in a safe place.

g. Go to “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contr ol\Class\{4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}. Double click on it to expand the tree. The sub keys are 4-digit numbers, which represent particular network adapters. You should see it starts with 0000, then 0001, 0002, 0003 and so on.

g. Go through each sub key starting with 0000. Click on 0000, check DriverDesc keyword on the right to see if that's the NIC you want to change the MAC address. The "DriveDesc" key in the right window should match the "Description" you recorded from step (a.-I.). If you are not 100% sure about the DriverDesc, then you can verify by checking if the "NetCfgInstanceID" key if it matches the GUID from step (d) that i told you to record. If there is no match, then move on to 0001, 0002, 0003, and so on, until you find the one you want. Usually 0000 contains the first NIC you installed on the computer.In this demonstration, 0001 is the NIC I selected.

h. Once you selected the sub key (i.e. 0001), check if there is a keyword "NetworkAddress" exist on the right side of the window. In my case there wasn't One so I had to Create it. So in order to create it right click in the Right window and go to new --> String Value

i. Now you will rename the new key you just created. Rename "New Value #1" to "Networkaddress" In the case that it does exist you will be editing that key.

J. Double click on the keyword "NetworkAddress" and the Edit String Popup box will appear. You will either have to change the existing setting or you will have to make a "NetworkAddress" value data: Enter the new MAC address you want to modify.

A good reference is to take the Existing Mac Address or Physical Address and Copy that and paste it as your new value data: Then you may edit 1 or more of the numbers or digits from that. IE. if the Physical address is "00-02-B3-0B-8B-08" then I would change it to say "00-02-B3-0B-9B-09"

j. There are 2 ways to make the new MAC address active. Method 1 does not require a system reboot.:

Method 1:Go to Start->Setting->Control Panel, and double click on "Network Connections". WARNING: Make sure you understand that you WILL lose the network connection after completing step "ii." below, and if you have a DHCP client, you will get a new IP address after completing step "iii."

i. Select the Network Adaptor you just changed the MAC address.

ii. Right click on the selected Network Adaptor and click "Disable."
    Verify the status column for this adaptor changes to "Disabled"

iii. Right click on the selected Network Adaptor and click "Enable."
    Verify the status column for this adaptor changes to "Enabled"

iv. If for any reason it cannot be disabled or re-enabled, you have to
    reboot your system to make the changes effective.

V. Now then you can always go to the Command Prompt and see if you indeed succeeded in changing your mac address by typing in "ipconfig /all" and verify that "Physical Address" had indeed changed.

II. Reboot your Windows XP system. Then once back in windows go to Command Prompt and run "ipconfig /all"

k. Once completing step j (if rebooting the system, wait until the reboot is completed), go to command prompt, type “ipconfig /all” to confirm the new MAC address.

To Restore The TRUE Hardware burned-in MAC Address:

remove the "NetworkAddress" keyword you added in the registry.

reboot or disable and enable your "Network Connection" if you rebooted go to command prompt, type “ipconfig /all” to confirm the original MAC address. If for whatever reason the MAC address can not be changed using method 2, make sure you take out the registry value you just added. If necessary, restore the registry you just backed-up to get your system back to the original state. You can do this by clicking on the drop-down menu “Registry->Restore,” and restore your backup registry file

SMAC is a powerful, yet easy to use MAC Address Changer (Spoofer) for Windows VISTA, 2003, XP, and 2000 systems, regardless of whether the network card manufacturers allow this option or not

https://www.klcconsulting.net/smac/.

عضو برونزي الصورة الرمزية sharif_soper
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Dec 2006
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

رد: How to Modify Your Mac address in Windows XP

thanx mr wobooo

عضو الصورة الرمزية a_baidak
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Aug 2007
    المشاركات
    الدولة: Egypt
    معدل تقييم المستوى

بارك الله فيك اخى العزيز ويبو
    لا إله إلا أنت سبحانك إني كنت من الظالمين

سبحان من يسبح الرعد بحمده والملائكة من خيفته

student10
    زائر

جزالك الله كل خير على الموضوع

عضو
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Oct 2007
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

شكرا ليك ربنا يكرمك

عضو الصورة الرمزية habibko
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Sep 2007
    المشاركات
    الدولة: Saudi Arabia
    معدل تقييم المستوى

الف الف الف مليون شكرا على هذا الموضوع الاكثر من رائع.

عضو
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Jan 2008
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

دائماً منك الجديد والرائع
    جزاك الله خيراً

عضو فضي
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Sep 2007
    المشاركات
    الدولة: Qatar
    معدل تقييم المستوى

لا يا أستاذ ويبو هذا اسمه الفيزكال ادرس ويكون هكذا
    Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-16-E6-60-67-79
    اما الماك ادرس الى الان لم اجد كيف اغيره
    فقط كان عندى روتر يقوم بهذه الخاصيه لكنه عطل

تاريخ التسجيل
    Jul 2007
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

Every network interface has a MAC address (Media Access Controller) also known as the physical address

more info:
    https://ecs.rutgers.edu/physicaladdr.php3

انت اقصدك على DIAL-UP interface. mac address

عضو فضي
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Sep 2007
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

اقتباس المشاركة الأصلية كتبت بواسطة wobooo مشاهدة المشاركة
    Every network interface has a MAC address (Media Access Controller) also known as the physical address

more info:
    https://ecs.rutgers.edu/physicaladdr.php3

انت اقصدك على DIAL-UP interface. mac address

اها
    قصدك الماك ادرس الخاص الانترفيس بتاع كارت اللان اللى احنا ممكن من خلال معرفته عمل حجز للاى بى الخاص به من عمل اشياء معينه
    مظبوط
    --
    انا بقى عايز اعرف ازاى اغير الماك ادرس بتاعى على الوان

تاريخ التسجيل
    Jul 2007
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

دي بقى ملهاش حل و كمان غير ممكن انك تعرف اي ماك ادرس عبر الوان لان الرواتر لا يمرر سوى الماك الخاص بانترفيسه فقط

تاريخ التسجيل
    Jul 2007
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

بمناسبة الكلام ده الموقع ده لذيذ
    https://coffer.com/mac_find/

عضو فضي
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Sep 2007
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

اقتباس المشاركة الأصلية كتبت بواسطة wobooo مشاهدة المشاركة
    دي بقى ملهاش حل و كمان غير ممكن انك تعرف اي ماك ادرس عبر الوان لان الرواتر لا يمرر سوى الماك الخاص بانترفيسه فقط
    لالالالا
    انا كنت بقدر اغير الماك ادرس للروتر ككل وكنت بضحك على مواقع زى الرابيد شير وامثالها واحسسهم انى شخص اخر
    بس الروتر ده عطل

تاريخ التسجيل
    Jul 2007
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

يعني بتغير الماك للراوتر انترفيس و ليس لجهاز
    طبعا انت عارف كل انترفيس في الراوتر له ماك خاص بي
    و طبعا انت عارف برضه اني بكلم على الراوترز وليس ال دي اس ايل موديم
    اوع تكون كنت بتتكلم من الصبح علة دي اسل موديم على انه روتر