This is only 1 DVD, that included 13 parts.
Over 20 Hours of Server 2008 Training Teaches You Active Directory, Name Resolution, Users and Groups, RODC, and
Much More! Plus, Complete 70-640 Exam Coverage!
By Benjamin "Coach" Culbertson
(MCT, MCITP: Enterprise Administrator, MCDBA, CIW, A+, Net+, MOS)
Active Directory Server 2008
Introduction to the Course
Learn what's in the course, who you're instructor is, and what you can expect in the course.
* About the Instructor and Train Signal
* Overall Scope of the Course
* What's Covered in this Course
* The Globomantics Scenario
* What We'll Build in this Course
Basic Active Directory Terms
Get a foundation of what Active Directory is, what it can do, and why you want to use it in your network to make your life easier!
* What is Active Directory?
* AD Objects
* What is DNS?
* Forests, Domains, and OU’s
The First Two Domain Controllers
Learn how to install Server 2008 from "bare metal", create a domain using Server 2008 by installing Active Directory Domain Services, and set up a second Domain Controller for redundancy.
* Server 2008 Hardware Requirements & Editions
* A Bare Metal Installation of Windows Server 2008
* Installation of Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) and DNS
* Can the servers talk? Setting up Replication on your Windows Servers
Setting up Remote Desktop on Your Personal Vista Client
Real administrators manage a network sitting down. It's so much easier to play World of Warcraft and Halo that way. Learn how to set up Remote Desktop shortcuts on a Vista client so you don't have to pause your game to trek into the server room every time somebody needs a password reset.
* The DC's Are Up and Running...Now What?
* Why Remote Desktop is Just Great!
Creating OU's, Users, Computers and Groups in Active Directory
Create Organizational Units to keep your Active Directory organized, making your IT life easier in the long term. Learn the secrets of creating a lot of users quickly and easily using scripts. *Bonus* Coach's Active Directory Toolbox File: Coach's Mass User Creation Script Builder!!!! Plus, a simple batch script to create single users all day long!
* The DC's Are Up and Running...Now What? -- Part 2
* What's an OU again?
* How About Some Users! - Create Domain Users in Windows Server 2008
* Give Me Some Computer Accounts!
* The Difference Between OU's and Groups
Setting Up Shared Folders, Drives and Printers
Create Shared Folders so users can easily get to stuff on your network. Share Network printers. Learn the arcane secrets of NTFS and Share level Permissions, and Delegation Security Filtering! Become a wizard at giving only the people you want to have access to stuff! Rule your IT Kingdom with an iron fist and fear or with a soft heart and love--you decide!
* Setting Up a Member Server
* Creating Shared Folders
* NTFS and Share Level Permissions
* Files and Folders Permissions
* Mapping as Shared Network Drive
* Creating and Sharing Printers
Get Your Control Freak On: Group Policy Objects
Learn how to lock down your desktop machines with Group Policy. Keep users from screwing stuff up, installing World of Warcraft, and from stealing data by using USB drives! The power is yours!
* What GPO's are and how they work
* How you can set them- what objects do you set them on
* How they get affected
* Computer Vs. User
* Locking down the Desktops
How to Make Your Boss Mad and then Fix it Really Fast
When Group Policy Attacks! Does your boss insist on having absolute control over a personal laptop? Then buy our product and learn how to allow your boss absolute freedom over his/her personal machine so you can continually fix it, and keep your job forever! (Or until something higher-paying comes along!)
* Reorganizing OUs
* Enforce and Block Inheritance
* Security Filtering
Computer Policies and Preferences
Learn the magic of Loopback processing, what "hoteling" means, and how you can lockdown machines no matter who's using them!
* The Computer Side of Group Policy
* Setting Up Mapped Drives and other GP Preferences
How to Install Software on a lot of Machines Without Getting Up From Your Desk
Do you want to be able to sit at your desk all day long and install software by just clicking your mouse? Then pick up this course and learn how to install, upgrade, and uninstall software and not even have to get your butt out of your nice cushy office chair!
* Software Installation GPOs
* GP Refresh Intervals
What's My [email protected]
Are you kidding? You forgot your password again? Learn how to provide multiple password policies using Server 2008's brand new Fine Grained Password Policy Objects! That's right, you too can lessen the security of your network so your boss can use the name of his or her favorite horse as his/her password and not have to worry about all that security stuff!
* Domain Level Policy
* Create Fine Grained Password Policies with ADSI Edit
* When to Reset Passwords and when not to reset
Passing the Buck: Delegating Control of a Group
Feeling tired and overworked? Are you ready to let someone else do the busy work of resetting passwords and the like? Then you need Video 12! Pass off some of your responsibility to some other unsuspecting IT staffer and make them take the calls from your users! You'll have much more time to play Halo!
* Delegation of Control Wizard - Pass the Buck on Resetting Passwords
* Task Pad View - Creating a TaskPad for Easy Password Resets
* Other Built-In Groups - Account Operators, Server Operators, Back Up Operators
Creating Backup Solutions Before Stuff Blows Up
If you don't know how to create basic backups, there's a chance your network will go down in flames and there will be nothing you'll be able to do about it. Millions of dollars of lost data! Just think of the chaos that will reign if your boss can't find the annual TPS report! You need to watch this video and you never know; you might even become the hero, save the princess, and get a parade thrown in your honor!
* Windows Server Backup
* Full Back up
* System State Data
* NTDSUTIL and IFM Creation