تاريخ التسجيل
    Jul 2008
    المشاركات
    الدولة: Jordan
    معدل تقييم المستوى

How-to: Linux Gaming Explained

السلام عليكم

How-to: Linux Gaming Explained

طريقــة تشغيل الالعاب على اللينوكس عن طريق برنامج Wine .
    شوي تركيز شباب عشان نشغل الالعاب بدون مشاكل
    تابع الموضوع بشكل كامل ولا تنسى احد الخطوات لان الخطوات مهمة في عملية تنصيب برنامج Wine >

One popular myth I hear often usually revolves around a sliver of old truth. “Linux can’t play games.” This sliver of truth was derived from the day’s not too long ago when playing commercially available mainstream games wasn’t an option to Linux users. Granted there were some exceptions to this rule, like EVE Online, and Doom 3. But this myth has kept many unwitting gamers stuck on windows for all the wrong reasons. Allow me to lift the veil on modern Linux gaming.

Linux, and more specifically Ubuntu Linux, has come a long way in a short period of time. Many game developers and freelance Open Source coders are making major strides in gaming tech for us Linux gamers, opening the door on a hidden market that seemed impossible to get into. Much of this success can be attributed to the many developers and supporters of the Wine Project a compatibility environment for Linux that allows Windows programs to run seamlessly in Linux. Wine is actually an acronym that, ironically enough, stands for “Wine Is Not an Emulator.” This is true of it when you launch a program in Wine. It actually runs the program like any other Linux program and as you can see in the many screen shots on the Wine AppDB, the programs are indistinguishable from their Windows installed counterparts. The applications to Linux gaming are limitless with this technology.

So how do I get wine Working?

Pretty Simple for you Ubuntu users

Go to your "Synaptic Package Manager" under System > Administration > Synaptic Package Manager

Then head over to the repositories section:

Add one of the following apt lines to your repositories list based on which version of Ubuntu you have installed:

For Ubuntu Jaunty (9.04):

deb https://wine.budgetdedicated.com/apt jaunty main #WineHQ - Ubuntu 9.04 "Jaunty Jackalope"

For Ubuntu Intrepid (8.10):

deb https://wine.budgetdedicated.com/apt intrepid main #WineHQ - Ubuntu 8.10 "Intrepid Ibex"
    For Ubuntu Hardy (8.04):

deb https://wine.budgetdedicated.com/apt hardy main #WineHQ - Ubuntu 8.04 "Hardy Heron"

[IMG]Next Download Scott Riche's GPG key here by right clicking and hitting save as... (He is the maintainer of the Ubuntu Wine Repositories) You'll need to pay carefull attention to where the .gpg file is saved as you'll need to navigate to it. Next you need to actually import the .gpg key file you just downloaded. You've most likely saved the .gpg to your home directory so just navigate to it by clicking "File System" then clicking home > your user name > then the .gpg file.[/IMG]

You'll notice the red highlighted area in the picture above, that line is added if you correctly imported the key (minus the red highlighting I added)

At this point you can hit close on everything, even Synaptic itself.

Open a Terminal ( Accessories > Terminal )

Update your sources list

sudo apt-get update
    Then install Wine!

sudo apt-get install wine
    The beauty of this is that Wine will self update and wont require you to do any fancy compiling every time it's updated. You'll be updated to the latest build any time it's pushed out.

Now, the fancy part that you may need to do in order to make some games run.

Still in the terminal type the following to get Winetricks

This next part I must caution anyone using is restricted only to people who own copies of any version of Windows, as it relies on software that is copyrighted by Microsoft. So if you legally own ANY version of Windows your fine.

sudo apt-get install cabextract
    And once that's installed

sh winetricks vcrun6 allfonts allcodecs dotnet11 dotnet20 directx9 comctl32 comctl32.ocx fontfix mfc40 mfc42 msls31 ole2 pdh urlmon wininet native_mdac
    [LEFT][B][U][COLOR=#1122cc]Ivy Bridge[/COLOR][/U][/B][/LEFT]
    [LEFT]Intel® Core™ i7-3770K Processor 4.6Ghz 1.24v
    GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H Wifi EDITION LGA 1155
    [COLOR=#000000]CORSAIR XMS3 16GB (4 x 4GB) 1600
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] GB WINDFORCE GTX 670 OC 2GB
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]LG Cinema 3D Monitor D2342P 23" FULL HD LED 1920X1080
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD 6Gb/s[/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]
    [COLOR=#000000]Cooler Master's[/COLOR] HAF XM With 4X 200MM
    Antec Kuhler H2O 620 Cpu [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Cooling [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]System[/COLOR]
    XFX Core Edition Pro750W[/LEFT]

عضو ذهبي
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Jul 2008
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

رد: How-to: Linux Gaming Explained

You'll have to set through a long line of windows EULA'S where you sell your soul to Microsoft forever and agree that you have a License of Windows basically. Accept them and just click next and Finish. don't mess with any of the settings as the defaults work fine for all of them. Even the install paths.

After that, for most game you can just install them like you normally do in Windows, using the CD's and standard installers.

If you need to check if a program works, or you are having issues with a game in particular head over to the Wine AppDB and do a search for the game. Most have how-to's. If anyone still cant figure out how to get a game going feel free to reply here or PM me.

If you don't use Ubuntu Linux you can see specific Wine instructions here.

I have the following games running on Ultra High settings at ~60+FPS

* Fallout 3
    * Spore
    * Left 4 Dead
    * Counter Strike: Source
    * Half-Life 2
    * Garry's Mod
    * The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion
    * The Elder Scrolls: Morrowind
    * World of Warcraft
    * Guild Wars
    * City of Heroes
    * Starcraft

* Benchmarks

All benchmarks pertain to my Sig Rig. This is the first set of benchmarks I'll be posting. Once I have my dual terrabyte array I'll install windows on my old (Current) 300GB hard drive and run benchmarks of a few popular Windows games that have benchmarking software built in. (Like Source games and a few others)

For directions on how to install and use this benchmark, click here

A word on GPU Manufacturers
    While great strides have been made on the GPU drivers side most Linux Gamers agree that at this time ATi is lackluster in comparison to Nvidia's support. I personally know a few friends that attempted to install Ubuntu using the same methods I described above and were experiencing crashes and artifacts sporadically while playing games that my Lower powered Nvidia GPU had no issues with. ATi has made their drivers open source but that doesn't help when no one is there to develop them. Whereas one can easily download the Nvidia drivers directly from their site and quickly install them without problems. So at this time if you have the option, avoid ATi for Linux gaming as you'll be getting less than positive results.

Links:

* If you do have Nvidia, I invite you to check out my Guide on Overclocking Nvidia GPU's in Linux.
    * List of FLOSS Games for Native Linux
    * My Handy Ubuntu Setup Script that does most of this in 2 clicks.
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD 6Gb/s[/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]
    Antec Kuhler H2O 620 Cpu [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Cooling [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]System[/COLOR]

عضو برونزي الصورة الرمزية mahmoud saad
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Jan 2008
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

شكرا ليك
    ولو تشرحلنا تركيب الثيمز يبقي كتر خيرك لنى غلبت بصراحه كل ما اركب واحد ماتتغيرش الايكونات ولا اى حاجه وكمان مابتظهرش بالشكل زي اللى عندك
    [URL="https://img193.imageshack.us/i/ubuntuuser2php.png/"]
    [/URL]

عضو ذهبي
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Jul 2008
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

اهلاً اخي العزيز .. الصور ليست من عندي
    الموضوع منقول . .

لأضافة الثيمات .. بعد تحميل الثيم اسحبها وافلتها في مدير التحكم الخاص بتغيير ثيمات التوزيعة
    من خلال الخيار بالاسفل كوستمايز .. تقدر تدخل على خائص الثيم
    تتحكم في شكل الاطارات وبجانبها خاصية الايكون تدخل عليها وتغير شكل الايكونات كما تريد .

ابغلتي ماذا يحصل معك .. وسأضع صور حين دخولي للتوزيعة لاني حالياً على الويندوز .

عضو برونزي الصورة الرمزية mahmoud saad
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Jan 2008
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

بيقولى دايما انو الايكون ابتاعت الثيمز مش متسطبه

ياريت تعطيني الموقع اللى بتنزل منه الثيمز
    [URL="https://img193.imageshack.us/i/ubuntuuser2php.png/"]
    [/URL]

عضو ذهبي
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Jul 2008
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

أوكي أخي أدخل هنا واستمتع
    https://www.gnome-look.org/

كل شي ستجده هنا .. لا تحتاج لمكان أخر ..

المواضيع المتشابهه

1. كتاب linux full command reference مرجع كامل لكل اوامر Linux
    بواسطة bloodyelf في المنتدى الأرشيف
    مشاركات: 1
    آخر مشاركة: 02-12-2011, 04:26
  2. Gaming PC
    بواسطة Tornadomonos في المنتدى الأرشيف
    مشاركات: 14
    آخر مشاركة: 05-07-2009, 16:03
  3. Best Gaming PC
    بواسطة MrFadi في المنتدى الأرشيف