This is explanation for WCCP Features from My study for CCIE.
- WCCP Cisco proprietary content routing technology.
- WCCP Takes client web requests and other content forms with WCCP v2 and redirect the request to a local Cisco content Enginer.
- For the end used no need to configure proxy, and the client has no knowledge the content came from the cisco device.
- WCCP Currently verion 1 and 2 exist. you configure ve1 with the command ip wccp version x.
- WCCP Content Engine connection must be configured and connected in Fastethernet interface of gig.
- WCCP Current only IPv4 supported.
- WCCP V1 support only port 80 and only support one router per content engin cluster.
- WCCP v2 support up to 32 content engines and 32 routers in service group and Multicast with TTL=15
About the Traffic Redirection:-
- WCCP uses GRE and Direct L2 to redirect traffic, in order to use L2 content engine and the router must be on the same subnet.
- WCCP configuration in config mode:
- ip wccp web-cache
- interface fasthernet x/x
ip wccp web-cache refirect in / out.