عضو
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Dec 2007
    المشاركات
    الدولة: Egypt
    معدل تقييم المستوى

to all the experts in wireless networks please help

السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته
    I want to make a wireless network consists of 60 laptops and plotter and two printers and one server It is required that the user access the internet wireless and also the users will print wireless .
    can any one tell me what is the euipments needed and tell me how the connections will be and what is the recommended server nedded its type and specifications . i need very powerfull and good equipments and high quality and i think the money doesnot matter . thank you

عضو
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Mar 2008
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

رد: to all the experts in wireless networks please help

Hi dude

the equipments that you need depend on the area that you have to see how many APs do you need there in addition to the number of users that you have already mentioned in your post

on the other hand, do you want to go with the new technology which is lightweight AP or the old normal one

In case that you are willing to go with lightweight APs, you need to have a centralized equipment which is called controller

for the network equipments, you need to have PoE switch or switches based on the number of APs that you will need after doing the wireless site survey

for the printers, you can have either normal wired printers or wireless ones

if you need more specific design, please let me know what type of applications you have and the size of your building

Regards,

عضو
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Dec 2007
    المشاركات
    الدولة: Egypt
    معدل تقييم المستوى

Firstly thanks for taking into consideration my post . I want to tell you about the area that i want to design the wireless network for it . The area consists for a group of portcabins taking a square shape with dimensions 60*60 meters long .I dont know how many access point i will use . can you tell me how many access point i can use . The number of users will be from 40 to 50 users . It is required to let the users connect wireless to the internet and also access all network resources such as printers , shared folders using wireless . Concerning the new technology lightweight AP can you tell me what is the difference if i use this technology or i can use the normal AP . Can you tell me a specific design for this network because i am not familiar for the wireless network . Thanks for your help .

عضو
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Mar 2008
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

Dear Sir,

because the money is not a big issue for you, I advise you with the following:

1- 5 or 6 APs will be O.K for you, but I really encourage you to do the site survey - the AP type can be like 1242 from Cisco or 65 from Aruba or what ever

2- Bring one controller to manage these APs and since you have small area with good number of users, more APs will be needed and the controller can slightly solve the interfence issue for you

3- one switch with PoE capability to connect the APs

4- some UTP cables to connect the AP to the switch and make sure that you have clear path for your cables

5- make sure that all of your laptops have wireless cards

6- if you want to use the enhanced security there, one RADIUS server from microsoft or cisco will provide you such a strong security solution or you can stick with the easy configuration on you controller like WEP or wthatever

all what you have to do in the configuration is to make a trunk between your switch and the controller that you have and this switch of course will have its route to the internet and the default gateway will be configured on the wireless controller to be your gateway

and that all what you need my friend. it is very easy and you have the choise in selecting the proper vendor based on your budget and your requirments

Thanks

المواضيع المتشابهه

1. opnet -wireless networks ??!!!
    بواسطة tuliprose في المنتدى الأرشيف
    مشاركات: 0
    آخر مشاركة: 09-03-2012, 16:27
  2. Hacking Wireless Networks For Dummies
    بواسطة ameer_s في المنتدى الأرشيف
    مشاركات: 0
    آخر مشاركة: 22-11-2008, 17:35
  3. كتاب Wireless Networks FOR Dummies
    بواسطة msheikh2007 في المنتدى الأرشيف