We're happy to announce that we start Afterburner 1.6.0 Beta process, in this version we have early support of NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470/480 along with other many exciting features.
A few important notes on initial GTX 400 series support.
* It is no longer possible to adjust core and shader clocks independently on GTX 400 series. Shader clock is the primary and the only controlable GPU clock for this NVIDIA GPU architecture, the rest parts of core are clocked @ half of shader clock (1/2 ratio is hardwired). So you will have only shader clock slider unlocked on GF100 GPUs, core clock slider is no longer available on these cards. That is by design and must be so.
* It is no longer possible to downclock memory for 3D mode. So the minimum limit for memory clock matches with default 3D clock. It is also by design and must be so.
* Currently available public GF100 drivers have open issue with fixed fan control mode on GTX 400 series: once you enable fixed fan control mode, it is impossible to switch fan control back to default automatic fan speed mode. Reboot is required to restore automatic fan control mode. NVIDA are aware about issue and the fix is already available in new drivers (not available to public yet). So keep it in mind and in meanwhile don't forget to reboot the system to resotre automatic fan control mode if you play with fixed fan control mode in any tool. Alternately, just enable Afterburner's software automatic fan speed mode. It will do the job instead of NV driver until the fix is available.
* Voltage control for GTX 400 series in not implemented yet.
Afterburner 1.6.0 Beta 1
- Added initial NVIDIA GeForce GTX 400 series graphics cards support
- Added basic screen capture support by means of built-in screen capture engine of MSI On-Screen Display server. Now it is possible to assign the hotkey for capturing screenshots in BMP, PNG or JPG formats in DirectX applications and in BMP format on desktop or in OpenGL applications
- Added hardware monitoring history logging support. Now MSI Afterburner is able to save history in native RivaTuner Hardware Monitoring Log file format. The log files captured with MSI Afterburner can be viewed in any text editor like Notepad or in graphics form in RivaTuner's HML file viewer (RivaTuner must be installed for viewing log files in graphics form)
- Added new safety option allowing forcring constant voltage on some cards with voltage regulators supporting programmable dynamic voltage management (e.g. VT1165 or uP6266). New safety option may improve stability on some systems as well as provide power state independent voltage control on the systems with non-standard voltage control implementation
- MSI On-Screen Display server has been upgraded to version 3.7.0. New server gives you a lot of improvements including:
- Stealth mode automatic disabling feature. Now the server is able to disable
stealth mode automatically if incompatible application like FRAPS is active.
You no longer need to disable stealth mode manually if you need to run the
server simultaneously with FRAPS, but keep in mind that stealth technologies will not be active in this case
- DirectX11 On-Screen Display and screen capture support
- Screen capture support for DirectX10 and DirectX11 applications using
multisampled antialiasing or non-standard frame buffer formats (e.g. sRGB)
- Optional On-Screen Display 3D rendering mode. New mode uses 3D accelerated DirectX functions to emulate previously used 2D framebuffer access function and render 2D text. New rendering mode provides On-Screen Display support in DirectX10 and DirectX11 applications using multisampled antialiasing and can also drastically reduce OSD related performance hit on the systems with badly optimized 2D acceleration in display drivers
- Now screenshot file extension is forcibly set to BMP if JPG or PNG screen capture is requested on desktop or in OpenGL application
- Simplified On-Screen Display coordinate space settings. Rarely used desktop and window coordinate space modes have been merged into single framebuffer coordinate space mode
- Now the server automatically selects framebuffer coordinate space instead
of viewport coordinate space when viewport is not accessible (e.g. if pure Direct3D8 device is in use)
- Improved application notification scheme during runtime profiles adjustment. Now runtime changes in OSD application profiles (e.g. OSD zoom ratio change on the fly) are reflected in affedted application almost immedaitely instead of approximately 1 second delay in the previos versions
- Reduced runtime skin engine memory footprint due to dynamic skin storage
- Updated profiles list
- Now MSI Afterburner distributive includes original 128x128 PNG application
logo (stored in .\Graphics folder) for dockbar applications like RocketDock
- It is no longer necessary to close the application to save monitoring window
- Added Ukrainian localization
! Change: Xtreme burning mode displays a warning message (high power draw can cause instability).
! Change: GPU indices inversion to match Afterburner indices.
* Bugfix: in OpenGL 3 rendering, the instructions for use were wrong
* Bugfix: in clocks display (core, memory and shader) for NVIDIA boards.