We have been playing with this idea for a while... as there are many MCPs who are already talking with their friends and colleagues about certifications, answering questions in the community, etc, we want to create a program that allows the passionate MCPs (yes, you!) to earn rewards by encouraging others to earn Microsoft Certifications. And now, we are excited to announce that the MCP Learning Rewards program is open for registration at 8:00am PDT on April 21
As an MCP, you can request Microsoft Certification exam vouchers (Second Shot vouchers till June 30) and distribute them to your friends, colleagues and contacts. When people redeem your vouchers, you receive points that you can accumulate and redeem for personal rewards, like a free certification exam voucher for your personal use, or a subscription to the E-Reference Library. In addition, you will find a variety of information to help you and your friends plan your career with Microsoft training and certification.
There is no cost to participate in the program, of course. We want to see how things go and what you think of it. So at this time the MCP Rewards program will be restricted to the first 10,000 MCPs who register.
So... act fast when it opens for registration!
Here are some tips on how it works:
1. Register on the Learning Rewards program website
using your MCP ID - you will see different choices from the drop down list when you click "Register", just select "MCP".
2. You will receive an email with your password - sometimes it may go to your junk folder - look out for that!
3. Explore the site - your Dashboard shows how many points you have, and contains your action items at one place
4. Request and send Second Shot vouchers! - your requested vouchers are stored in the "Voucher Bank"; you can also see instructions on request and send vouchers.
You can email the vouchers, or print and hand them to your friends. The vouchers are in PDF format. There are instruction on the voucher about how to register for the exam.
When a voucher is redeemed, you can see your points updated on your Dashboards (updated weekly).
5. And... customize a Certification Path with your name and email, so your friends know who to ask if they have questions since you are the expert!