No one really expected Schalke to make it this far into the competition, yet here they are on the verge of the Champions League final. Schalke v Manchester United is an interesting encounter from many perspectives but one that will be on many people’s minds it the fact that it pits the Red Devils against a German club – with United losing all four of their previous attempts against Bundesliga sides in 2 legged ties.
Schalke are by no means chasing a title on the domestic league front and in fact stand in 10th place, 29 points behind league leaders Borussia Dortmund. This hasn’t stopped them from having a formidable Champions League campaign, taking out the defending champions Inter Milan in convincing fashion. They go into this one with a statistic that will garner the attention of Manchester United: Schalke have won ALL of their Champions League home matches this year.
Schalke 04Probable Line-up:
Neuer; Uchida, Metzelder, Howedes, Sarpei; Baumjohann, Matip, Papadopoulos, Jurado; Edu, Raul.
Manchester United will feel like they’ve done the hard part of reaching the Champions League finals by taking out Chelsea in the quarter finals, but such a mind set will see them finding themselves in the same spot as Inter Milan – out of the competition. With Berbatov not fit for the game, things will once again be left to the Rooney / Hernandez partnership up front. Nemanja Vidic, Patrice Evra and Ryan Giggs will all return to the lineup after taking the weekend off. The late goal against Everton was crucial in giving United some brMATCHES ONLINEeathing space from Chelsea in the league title chase, and that should allow Sir Alex’s men to concentrate fully on the match at hand.
Manchester United Probable Line-up:
Van der Sar; Rafael, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra; Nani, Carrick, Giggs, Park; Rooney, Hernandez.
Schalke 04 v Manchester United Betting Odds / Tips and Prediction:
For those looking to bet on Schalke 04 v Manchester United, odds on
are as follows. Schalke to beat Manchester United odds is priced at 12/5, the draw is Real Madrid vs Barcelonagiven 11/5 while ManReal Madrid vs Barcelona livechester United to beat Schalke is valued at 5/4. With United aware of Schalke’s strength at home, they will li Barcelona vs Real Madrid live streamkely play a conservative matForum Françaisch so expect this one to be a calculated game of chess. The Manchester United vs Schalke return match however will be much different. But for the match at hand, we’d recommend going with the draw, particularly because of the great odds offered.
Let us know your thoughts if you plan to watch Schalke v Manchester United live Tuesday at 20:45. If you’re unable to watch the Champions League action live, stay tuned for our Man U Schalke vs Manchester Unitednited v Schalke live blog.
* Schalke have won every single one of their home matches in the Champions League this season.
* Striker Raul (pEnglish Forumictured right) has won the Champions League three times, all as a Real Madrid player, as Schalke vs Manchester United live many times as United have won the competition.
* This is Schalke’s first ever appearance in the last four of the Champions League and also their first ever tie against Manchester United.
* Schalke currently sit 10th in the Bundesliga, 29 points behind leaders Borussia Dortmund.
* Ralf Rangnick's side warmed up for the sem Schalke vs Manchester United live streami-final with a 1-0 home defeat to Kaiserslautern
* Manchester United are yet to concede a goal on their travels this season, and have won fo Schalke vs Man United en directur and drawn one of their five away games.
* Ryan Giggs is the sole survivor of the Manchester United team that famously defe Manchester United vs Schalkeated Bayern MunSchalke vs Manchester Unitedich 2-1 in the 1999 Champions League final courtesy of late goals from Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and Teddy Sheringham. Paul Scholes was suspended and missed the final at Camp Nou.
* The Red Devils have never won a two-legged knockout tie against German opposition. They have lost all fo Schalke vs Manchester United en directur attempts, most recently against Bayern Munich last season in the quarter-finals.
* Michael Owen scored a hat-trick on his last appearance on German soil. The striker bagged all three goals Regarder Schalke vs Manchester United as United beat Wolfsburg 3-1 in the group stages last season.
* Sir Alex Ferguson has led United to six Champions League se Regarder Schalke vs Manchester United en directmi-finals, his record is won three, lost three.