2. Use a SATA CD/DVD drive and SATA hard drive
3. Update your motherboard to the latest BIOS version available
4. Physically remove any extra RAM sticks so that your system has a total of no more than 4GB of RAM
5. Use only 1 graphics card in the 1st PCIe slot with 1 monitor plugged in.
6. Remove any USB peripherals besides keyboard and mouse.
7. Remove any hard drives besides the blank drive being used for OS X
8. Remove any PCI cards besides graphics- they may not be Mac compatible
9. Set BIOS to Optimized Defaults, then set SATA to AHCI mode and HPET to 64-bit
10. Set Boot Priority to boot from CD/DVD drive, then hard drive