74%* of IT projects fail completely, come in over budget, or finish late. How can you prevent this for your projects?
By applying the IT industry’s best practices in project management.
The Project+ Series will teach you how to optimize results through each part of your project’s lifecycle, improving the final outcome of your project. From initiation and scope… through planning, coordination, execution and control… to closure, acceptance and support – you’ll learn what it takes for an IT project to succeed.
By applying the knowledge and skills from the Project+ Series, you could become the go-to project manager for your IT team. Companies are actively looking for professionals who are able to bridge the gap between business and technology. The demands they are setting for these IT leaders include becoming deeply involved with business process improvement and other business integration projects. The skills you’ll gain from this training will help you as you take on these projects to advance your career.
In addition to the real-world skills you’ll learn from the Project+ Series, this training maps to CompTIA’s Project+ exam objectives and will give you confidence in taking the certification exam. Project+ is an industry-recognized project management credential that earns you respect and preferential treatment from current and potential employers. CompTIA lists employers including Novell, Comark, CompuCom, Insight and others who either require or strongly factor Project+ certification into their hiring decisions.
If you have beginner to intermediate project management experience, this training will give you the knowledge and tools you need to take that next step. And even if you have no project management experience at all, this training will teach you the project management skills and processes you need to know to break into this rewarding field.
The Project+ Series contains:
- What is Project Management
- Project+ and how to prepare for the Exam
- Project Initiation and Scope Definition
- Project Planning
- Project Strategy Development and Preliminary Planning
- Requirements Analysis
- Creating the Work Breakdown Structures (WBS)
- Schedule Development (free video)
- Budget Development
- Quality Management Plan Development
- Risk Management Plan Development
- Communications Plan Development
- Procurement Plan Development
- Team Building
- Presenting the Comprehensive Project Plan
- Project Execution, Control and Coordination
- Change Control
- Quality Management
- Team Management
- Resource Management & Coordination
- Risk and Issue Management
- Relationship Management with Business Organization
- Performance Reporting
- Project Closure, Acceptance and Support
- Using Project Management Software
- Managing your Project with Project Management Software
- Project + Relationship to PMBOK/PMP