The Student Book features:
- Authentic material for all the new types of passages and questions on the test.
- Diagnostic pre-tests and post-tests that allow students to identify strengths and weaknesses and assess improvement in each section.
- Practice sections for the four skills:
- Reading provides practice exercises in the new test formats, including filling in a table or chart and paraphrasing.
- Listening provides authentic conversations between two people in an academic setting and academic lectures with new questions about a speaker’s attitude or purpose.
- Speaking includes personal and expository tasks and integrated tasks.
- Writing consists of expository and integrated tasks: reading/listening/writing.
- Eight mini-tests that preview the test’s integrated four-skills format.
- Two complete practice tests that familiarize students with the actual test format and timing.
The CD-ROM features:
- Completely different material from the Student Book.
- Practice sections for all parts of the test, including speaking.
- Eight mini-tests, and two complete tests.
- Pop-up explanations for all items on the CD-ROM.
- Easy-to-use scoring and record-keeping to monitor progress.