احد الاصدقاء باحد المنتديات الاجنبية قام بعمل هذة المشاركة
و التي اراها هامة بشكل او ب اخر للاخوة هنا :
If you are a Cisco Network Engineer, then everything I'm going to write is old hat.
It's based on Routing and Switching as the core of my own concerns. However, I'm now certified in Design, Foundations, Voice, Sales, Security, Wireless LANs etc. so mostly everything I like about Cisco is up for grabs.
Now let me say this. If I do not know about a subject. I'll say so. Integrity is very important in any interview. However, I'll usually follow with what I do know about the subject, explain explicitly what I would do to get up to date with a quickness, and finally I might go on to defend my ignorance by not working directly with the technology or if I have not used it in forever, etc.
Let's get to the meat. I'll make a series of posts of QA that I think is critical to a candidate.
1. Switching Planes
2. Switch Functions - Bridge versus a Switch
3. What does a TCAM do anyway?
4. Why Spanning Tree is important. Rapid Spanning-Tree and MST.
5. IGPs - RIP, EIGRP, OSPF, ODR
6. Static Routing and Route Recursion
7. Policy-Based Routing
8. Multicast with RPF Checks
10. More BGP
11. There's yet more BGP
13. MPLS - I'm weak here but a quick review of the architecture.
15. ACLs/Evens/Odds/Subnetting/VLSM/IP Subnet Zero/RFC1918/ and a ton more of whatever comes to mind.
16. Explain DHCP
17. Explain NTP
18. Explain ARP - Gratitious ARP, Proxy-ARP, Etc.
19. HSRP versus VRRP and what's GLBP
20. NAT - All of it
21. DHCP with all the fixuns.
22. Explain DNS, PKI, RADIUS/TACACS+
23. Tell me about CiscoWorks, Mars, and other tools... Go on now there are a lot of them.
24. SNMPv1/SNMPv2/SNMPv3 Compare and Contrast
25. EIGRP vs OSPF
26. Cisco's 3 Level Design Hierarchy and perhaps some extensions of this.
27. Explain the different OSPF Area Types and how many were there again?
28. Explain the virtual-link
29. Explain route dampening
30. What does discard internal or external do anyway? Are there other ways to handle this issue? Tell me more.
31. What is a stubby area? A Not So Stubby Area, a totally stubby area, etc.
32. What is the difference between a Type-1 and a Type-2 Route in OSPF?
33. Ya gotta know Admin Distances and the tools we use to manipilulate them. Same for Timers and other tuning mechanisms.
34. What does a DR do again? Wait I did not mention the contect... Did I say OSPF? Or did I mean in Multicast?
35. How much is the max bandwidth that EIGRP will use by default on a given link?
36. Can you define COST and how to manipulate it.
37. Ok get out the pencils and paper. Tell me how to apply Frame Relay Traffic Shaping... start... now!!!
38. How about a distribute-list? What about an a filter-list? What about an offset-list?
39. What did Split-horizon do again and what's the defaults for RIP? EIGRP? Why does BGP not care about Split-Horizon? How about OSPF?
40. Tell me about OSPF and EIGRP and how they handle internal prefixes versus external prefixes. What does BGP do? How about RIP? How to combat these issues on a per protocol basis is important.
41. Authentication. Tell me how to authenticate with a CLI example RIP, OSPF, EIGRP, Virtual-Link, etc.
42. How are you with Tunneling? Write me a config on the fly. GRE is fine.
43. Quick while you are in the mood, give me an IPSec Tunnel - you pick the header and tell me which one you chose, why not another option, and what problems might be enountered or advantages gained as a result. Let's go soldier. We arer only 3 minutes into this interview and we have 457 questions to go... Get on the ball. Be the ball. Or get out of the way of the ball...
44. So now that you got that figured out tell me about intervlan routing.
45. Explain why ISL or dot1q trunking, and I need more detail about when I may use QinQ. Can you give me a CLI example. I'll wait... but the ball won't.
46. Ok explain SPAN and RSPAN and you know I need an example. Quickly now.
47. Give me a PBR example quick - I want to send HTTP and FTP to one address - you can pick it, and sent SMTP/POP3 to another area. What's the big decision we need to establish here? Well? The ball won't wait. Get it, got it, get on with it.
48. Quick - multitask - yot two hands and 2 feet all 21 little digits to work with here... get on the ball. While you are working on that PBR, I'd expected you to draw me a quick toplogy of a three site topology in a Voice Network and gimme the IP-WAN, the PSTN, and the Internet. Tell me how you might configure them. Gimme all the elements I need to get a a call across the IP-WAN, the PSTN, and yes, I want you to tell me how I am going to use the IP Softphone from my own house... securely you maggot. Look out for the ball... You are slow. ever consider taking a typing class... in IOS.
Ok - 48 pot shots and you are still with me... The ball hurts huh!!!
Let's go for some more reps...
49. Quick how many bits on a /30 network. Give me a quick example and you know I need the network, the broadcast, and the usable IP addresses. Spice it up and tell em how I'd define a non-default broadcast address while you are are at it. I like port security and I demand it, so get to it... And yes, define the MACs. Did I studder?
50. Let's go that wasn't so bad... Now let's get to work here. Suppose I wanted to send my odd numbered VLANs down one trunk and my even's down another, tell me a few ways you's do this and from which perspective.
51. I also want the odd subnets within a range - you pick em - to go down the even vlans and then I want the opposite to happen doe the odd vlans, with the even subnets. Let's say class b for starters.
52. Where are we at... Hey how do you create a working menu? I know you know this. So let's take it a step further and spice it up some... huh? Yep here we go...
- Create three privilege levels 2, 5 and 14
- Give them each three commands...
- Each command must use an alias
- Each alias must work in any CLI prompt
- Create a profile for each using a username and login - yes we need SSH and AAA - local database is fine.
- Now use a rotary to make this happen.
- Restrict it to SSH do not use an for this restriction, but do tell me how I would do this if I needed to.
- Restrict SSH to only your loopback 0
- Now we only allow SSH on nights and weekends. Write the config and apply it. Tell me how you might save the say if the things went badly during all of this mess...
- Yes, I need a banner. And yes, I want you to specify a specific greeting for each user, at least one per privilege level and then verify it works. Each user should also get the Time of Day, the router name and ip logged into. Come on you act like this was hard or something.
53. Setup a layer 2 etherchannel. Tell me your processes. Bond at least two ports. I need to trunk on this one. But what if I did not and told you I wanted to stattic access? How about if I said I wanted to route over this link and have it participate in IP Routing via OSPF? Could you do it? What command(s) would you use to verify this?
54. How do you implement SNMPv3? Yes I want the CLI version... Now I need this to work with several differnt NMS systems. How might we do this?
55. Ooops... Turn on syslog and explain the severity levels to me. How can I specify which interface to use? Are you sure? How would you guarantee me this? Give me the debug output.
56. Explain gratituous arp... And yes proxy arp. How would I turn each on or off.
57. What is the control plane and the data plane and why doesn't Boeing have one of either... Yes that means explain it to me.
58. Can you shut down Vlan 1? Why or Why not?
59. Ever heard of a pause frame? Tell me more please...
60. That ball got stopped and you are slowing down to... breathe... hell no write me a filter for FTP and Telnet and restrict it them to the scavenger class on F0/0 but I'd like them to be get the highest priotity on F0/1. Now only match them if the precedence is 4. On the other side of either interface... tell me how to mark the interesting traffic, apply the precedence of 4 and then apply it to an interface... let's go the time is a wasting...